Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Help! *UPDATED*

**Gateway is sending me a new power cord. If it's in stock, it'll be here by Wednesday. If not, 2-5 business days after that. Let's hope this works!**


Ok, I'm officially frustrated! As you all know, I was out of Blogger commission last November-December because I didn't have a power cord. Well, I ended up getting a NEW laptop in January and now it isn't working!

I plug it in to charge and push the power button. The red light flashes to tell me it's (obviously!) dead, but it doesn't register that the power cord is plugged in. If I take the battery off, nothing at all happens. I've only had this dumb thing 4 months, so you'd think I wouldn't have problems like this, but I do. So, I'm calling any computer gurus out there--Any thoughts?! I found the exact problem online, but you have to pay to see the answer and I didn't do that.
I thought maybe it's a problem with the power jack, but it doesn't feel loose...

SO, I'd appreciate any thoughts (or prayers!). I know Jesus fixes laptops...maybe I should have the Rouse boys pray for mine, too?! =)

As a side note, that's why there aren't any pictures of Ali's party up. =(

Thanks in advance!

7 comments:

Kyle said...

All I can offer are prayers and a hug! But put it this way, the Lord protected you from one "electronic mishap" today already. You know...it was on top of big red for about 5 miles! haha

The Rouse House said...

The Rouse boys will definintely pray for your laptop today! My only thought on it would be that maybe the power cord just plain isn't working. Have you tried a different power cord?

Valerie said...

I'll ask my hubby to read your post...he seems to "get" stuff like this! Not me, I hopeless on the computer!

mamafish said...

Good luck with the tech issues. i swear I learn so much from mucking my way though the incompatability and connectivity issues. (Like the lingo?). I do hope you can get this kink fixed. It sucks to be stuck like this.

Karma said...

I have no technical adivse. Sorry! However, if you get too frustrated, bring it over here and we will shoot at it with the shotgun. I'm frustrated with mine as well!!

The Rouse House said...

Yay for a new power cord! Can't wait to see new pictures :)

SHASTANIKKICOLE said...

hey,its your sister shasta and i am looking forward to thos e pics we took together i cant wait to see them i had a really fun tym takeing those pics and drinking my german chocolate cake smothie capachino thing lol if those pics dont come out good i hope we can do it again sum tym