Friday, January 18, 2008

To Train Up...Ali

Tonight was our first "training session" with Ali. She would scoot on her bottom across the floor to the coffee table. Every few scoots, she'd stop to clap for herself. Once she reached the coffee table, she decided to grab the magazines...and after she'd touch it, she'd look at us and clap for herself.

As cute as it was, I knew I didn't want to have to pull everything out from under there to keep her out of it...So, I would tell her "No" and flip her hand. Well, her little hand was getting red and she could care less. Finally it started to sting. She would cry like I just broke her little heart and then reach for it again. After a few more times of telling her no and flipping her hand, she would stop crying and reach for it, stop short of actually touching it, and start crying all over again. Poor thing...she's got it tough.

1 comments:

Valerie said...

It may be heartbreaking, but it is worth the time involved. It's not cute anymore when they are ten or twelve! :)