Saturday, January 19, 2008

Thankful

In the midst of minor (read-NORMAL) chaos, I had to stop and write. Jason is working at the hospital tonight in the ER for his EMT class. He's been going to class two nights a week for the past two weeks for 4 hours each night. It's been a tough transition. Sydney misses her Daddy, and I miss my husband. He'll be finished sometime in April...
I was thinking tonight how I would hate to be a single mom. The girls aren't feeling well, especially Ali, and it's exhausting trying to keep them both satisfied and attempt to have my sanity intact at the end of the day. It makes me so thankful for Jason. I don't know if I was fully aware of how much he helps. Just having "someone on your team" to help field the discipline and having him to lean on makes all the difference. He still helps inbetween work, school, and homework...and that means a lot. I'm very blessed to have such a wonderful husband--and I need to make sure to tell him when he comes home. I know it's just as hard if not harder on him being gone so much, but I'm so proud of him. He's pursuing his dream to be a firefighter, and is doing so well.

Thanks for working so hard, honey. I love you.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

AWWW...that is sweet! Maybe in this day and age our blogs can be the "city gate" for us to praise our deserving husbands.

Proverbs 31:12,23 ..."She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life....her husband is respected at the city gate".

The Rouse House said...

I'm alone tonight too, Ronnie's at a job fair until later this evening. The boys keep asking, "Why isn't Daddy home?" "When is Daddy coming home?" I'm keeping them busy catching up on scattered toys:)