Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shoes

IMG_0948_0349 copy
Maybe it was because she was about to turn three. Maybe it was because it had been a good day and these shoes hold good memories. Maybe it's just because I'm a Mommy and having sentimental moments is just one of those things Mommies do. Whatever it was, I had to take a picture of Syd's shoes.

It was almost bedtime and I saw these little shoes sitting by the front door, perfectly set next to each other. I thought it was cute that she had taken the time to set them down like that. Her shoes keep getting bigger and bigger, taking her on endless adventures...but they're still so tiny and so is she. She's somewhere in between a toddler and a big kid and these are the first shoes she picked out on her own. Stepping more and more into her own little identity, full speed ahead. It's an amazing journey to watch and take part in.

Thanks for letting me share my "Mommy Moment". I'm sure most of you can relate. =)

2 comments:

Valerie said...

That is so sweet...very sentimental.

Karma said...

I have pictures of my kids feet as newborns, pictures of their feet in bowling shoes, ice skates, roller skates, tap shoes, that stage where their feet look square,...I love little shoes. I totally get it!

Jade and I share shoes now (which we love!) and Drew is now wearing the same size as Chris (a man's 10).

I saved all of their shoes that they first walked in, first cowboy boots, dance shoes, and dress shoes. Gotta love shoes!!