Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rahab's Redemption

Ok, I'll admit it--I'm a blog stalker. Naturally I keep up on blogs that my friends write, but every now and again I'll peruse through and find other blogs that catch my eye. Usually if it's just a personal family type of blog, I don't keep going back...well, unless someone's pregnant. It's so exciting to me to watch the journey through pregnancy and then the joy as they welcome their new baby.
Anyway, this blog I found was a little different. It's Angie Smith's blog, and her husband sings with Selah. They've gone through an incredible journey this last year, when they lost their youngest daughter shortly after birth. I spent a long time reading their story one day, and have been very inspired and encouraged by their faith.
Angie wrote the other day, sharing the story of Rahab in a way that I have never heard before, and I want to share it with you. It's a beautiful retelling that I know I can relate to and I'm sure you can too in some way:

Bring the Rain

If you have a minute, you really should read it--or come back when you can!

1 comments:

Karma said...

I am at the shop watching Chris work tonight...I finally had time to check out this post! You need to read the Francine Rivers series "lineage of grace" (I think that's the name of it?!) The second book is Unashamed-the story of Rahab. They are very short books, maybe 5 in the series. I LOVED all of them!! I think you will too!