Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Hickey and A Fat Lip

I wish I could say this was the first time this has happened. Nope. The first time it took me about 30 seconds of trying to clean her face before I realized it was a hickey on her lip and not left over lunch. The second time, I knew right away what she had done...
When Sydney drinks from a bottle with a wide opening, she puts it all the way up over her top lip, forming a suction over her entire upper lip. If you haven't guessed, this causes a hickey and sometimes a fat lip.
The fat lip has happened before too, but only once. She has fuller lips anyway, so this resemblance to a Botox overdose is not becoming...

fatlip1
You can see the hickey starting to show up in this one.

fatlip2

fatlip3
No, she's not sucking her bottom lip in. The top one really is that big right now.

fatlip4

And just in case you're wondering, yes, it did "Make her gassy, make her sad."

7 comments:

Momma to LG said...

She looks so like you in a few of those. I like her bangs!

The Rouse House said...

Oh boy! That is awful and hilarious!!

Karma said...

How funny...and sad that it makes her gassy! Get that girl a straw!

Paula said...

Oh, Andrea - This gave me a good laugh! I found one of these on my son's arm the other day - I asked him what it was, he said a bruise, I said, a bruise from sucking your arm, yep, he said! You are not alone!

Valerie said...

Funny...we've had similar experiences at our house with suction toys...including Daddy!

Anonymous said...

DUDE...I thought there would be an UPDATE by now.

Slow poke.

Valerie said...

Yeah...update needed...baby bump and any new news?!?!