Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Name Game

This may come to you as a shock--or not, if you know me well. Or maybe you just don't care. That's probably it, and that's ok.
I have a really hard time making decisions. Here's a typical situation-

Jason: "Hey, what do you want to eat?"
Me: "Uh, whatever you want. I don't really care."
Jason: " How about (insert option here)."
Me: "Well, except that--That doesn't sound good."
Jason: "What do you want then?"
Me: "I don't know."

Right now, that sample situation is irrelevant. (My husband has told me many times that he's the only one that would have married me. It's ok, he means it in the most loving way and I've come to terms with the fact that I'd probably still be in my Dad's basement if it wasn't for him. He says my Dad paid him. I'm ok with that, too.)
Anyway, I know I'm a fat kid right now and I do love my food, but that's not my main issue with indecisiveness. I had something on my mind that we had supposedly decided on and I had to come clean--


I wasn't loving the name Jude.


I've always vacillated on it. Some days I liked it better than others. Jason always really, really liked it, so that made me happy-- In a way. It's not that I don't care about my husband's happiness, I truly do. I love my honey. I also know him well enough to realize that if I didn't 'fess up before it was too late, he'd be upset that we hadn't fully agreed on a name.

My reasons:
1. We call Sydney, Syd and Alexis, Ali. What do you call a child with a one-syllable name?
2. I didn't want him to be called Jew...and I knew he would be. I'd already been forewarned.
3. I'm indecisive.


I know, not the best argument. Oh well.

We looked at hundreds, maybe thousands of names again. I like Jackson. Jason doesn't like Jack. Instead of letting this become a problem, we did what every husband and wife do in situations like this-

Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Or, maybe we just compromised.

And now, without further rambling, I announce the decided name of Baby Boy:


Jaxon Nicholas
And we call him Jax for short.




The End.

8 comments:

Karma said...

You're so funny! I totally get it. I have a hard time making decisions as well. I like Jaxon!!

Gramma Pam said...

I love it!!! You are so funny!!!

Andrea said...

Love it Andrea!

Sherbear2975 said...

Great name! I went back and forth on a name...pretty much til the day I had Davynn! Mainly I didn't believe she was a girl, I think riht after I had her...Damion asked is she really a girl!LOL! Even then e argued over the middle name. She ended up with Davynn Joy-Ann Trotter! But it was a very lengthy decision! LOL!

Anyway, I love it! Don't be surprised if it changes again!;o)

Sherbear2975 said...

Sorry for the typos...I am typing one handed, Davynn is sitting on my lap! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Yay I am glad you decided and it is a perfect compromise! :)

kortney said...

I think Jaxon is cute and I like the spelling. Nicholas is one of my very favourite names - but it's my brother's so we wouldn't use it ;) And it's okay to be indecisive about naming your kid!!!!

Valerie said...

I LOVE IT....TOOOOO CUTE. Can't wait to meet him.