Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Keepin' It Real

I saw this on another blog one time and for some reason, decided to be brave today:


1. Refrigerator:

IMG_3703_2689
In serious need of groceries,
which will happen this afternoon.



2. Closet/Drawer:
IMG_3707_2690
This just got organized last week for the first time

since we moved in (during my nesting phase).
I would have done a dresser drawer,
but I don't want you to see my underpants.


3. Kitchen Sink:
IMG_3708_2691
This one saddens me.
It's usually clean, but I haven't unloaded

the dishwasher yet this morning.
You caught me.
Oh, and the lovely extension cord?
Our microwave fried months ago and it
ruined outlets, too...
Haven't fixed them yet.


4. Toilet:
IMG_3710_2692
Not too shabby...and I

even got Ali's tiny commode
in the picture!


5. Favorite Shoes:
IMG_3712_2693
I scored these for $4 at Target.

They give me blisters.
Luckily, I have a sweet husband
who broke them in for me
before church a few weeks ago.
They still hurt, but are
much better.

6: Favorite Room:
IMG_3715_2694
The girls' room.
It's magical and

their Daddy painted it for them.
I also L.O.V.E. Jaxon's room,
but refuse to ruin the surprise
by posting pictures before it's
finished.

7. What my kids are doing:
IMG_3716_2695
Playing like little angels.

You caught us on a good day. =)
Actually, Ali had been following me around.
Yes, we've been here 2.5 years and still
don't have door trim up in all of the rooms.
In fact, our bedroom isn't trimmed yet at all.
That's ok--you learn to
appreciate what matters,
and it isn't trim.

8. Laundry:
IMG_3717_2696
Before last week, I had mountains.

Nesting pays off.
Now, I won't be overwhelmed with
laundry when my little man
makes his appearance.

9. Self-Portrait:
IMG_3718_2697
There you have it.

I'm in my pajamas,
my bed is not made,
and Windex does not provide
a streak-free shine.
Hey, I said I was keeping it real.

10. Dream Vacation:
BelizeHuts2007
Belize
(photo from bluewaterventures.org)

If you're reading this, consider yourself challenged.
Will you keep it real?!



6 comments:

Kyle said...

This was too funny. Can I keep it real when the house isn't mine and I just occupy the basement? That will be my excuse for not participating :)

mommyjoymarie said...

I loved this post - about to keep it real myself!

mamafish said...

I totally HEART you Andi! You made me giggle! I wonder if keeping it real shows the TRUE state of my house. Can I use the excuse that I have been layed out with germs? I may have to do this theme for tomorrow's post. Yay for inspiration!

The Rouse House said...

Very fun! I like your new blog layout too!

Anonymous said...

That is a dirty sink?? I will have to do this too.

EB said...

I love love love this! Horray for keeping it real!

I have to tell you, Jim and I went to Belize about 6 months before I was pregnant with Riley and it was HEAVEN!

http://www.portofinobelize.com/

This is where we stayed. It looked JUST like the pictures.