Sydney was at P.E. with Keely, and Jaxon was napping. "What a perfect time to do his newborn pictures," I thought. I haven't done a shoot since last fall, so I'm a bit rusty. I did a few pictures of Koen when he was about 3 weeks old, so I thought I could handle it since I at least had that under my belt.
I have very limited resources, so I utilized what I had. Throw open the curtains, move the couch. Check. Coffee table goes in front of the picture window, stick some pillows on top of it for cushion, and throw a black sheet over it and drape it across the back of the couch for a backdrop. Got it.
I grab my gear and make sure it's ready to go...now to get my sleeping babe from his bed and *hopefully* keep him asleep to pose him the way I intend--all cuddly like in a cute little newborn ball of flaky skin and tiny rolls.
He stays asleep through getting his mohawk-and yes, I used hair product on him to make sure it would stay.
I undress him, and start to try and pose him like all of the precious pictures I see all my photographer friends do.
After washing his hair, and then more not-so-great attempts, I grow a bit weary and decide to put him in my Maya Wrap to let him nurse and *again, hopefully* sleep so that I can get what I had envisioned.
Here goes nothing...
So all in all, this took 2 hours. I didn't get very many, and had every intention of setting up
another day to get some of him with Jason, but it hasn't happened yet. I wanted to make sure I got some of him while his cord was still attached, and I did. I'm pleased about that. I would have liked to get some of me with him, but for some reason I'm not feeling ambitious enough to try posing with him--while still looking natural--using a tripod and running back and forth between shots...something about that doesn't evoke "calm and relaxed" feelings, and in fact, makes my normally very low blood pressure go above 118. I can feel it.













9 comments:
Awww...so cute!
Great pictures, even though he pooped on the props!
Yeah...I've been stalking your blog waiting for these! Very sweet. You know, I don't live far away, you could call me if you need an assistant...I can change diapers or 'push the camera button' for you!!!
Awe, Great job! We did keira's at a friends house and she suggested her bed for pictures, she peed on her bed, I was mortified!
Those are beautiful. You did a great job in spite of the bit of chaos.
So sweet!
Jaxon...what a cute little tooshie you have!
Good job, precious pictures!
Great pictures! He's adorable
Post a Comment