Saturday, April 4, 2009

Got Milk?

I walked in yesterday to find Sydney snuggled up to Jaxon with her little shirt up, trying to get close enough to nurse him. In the simplest terms I can muster from my foggy head first thing in the morning, I explain that she doesn't have milk, only mommies have milk and she will get some when she grows up and has a baby. That isn't good enough. She wants to help feed him, and she's four, so of course things aren't as black and white as I make them out to be.
Last night, she told Jason she wanted to feed her baby brother, and he tried to explain it to her, too. She informed us that she can just drink some water and then she'll be able to feed him (because, of course, that's what would be in there instead of milk). Good theory...if only things were that simple!
The quest continued this morning when the girls came in to snuggle before I got out of bed. Again, she wanted to feed him. Pointing to her left side and then to her right, she said, "This one's juice, and this one's water." I laugh and then she tries to convince me to squeeze some of my milk out so that she can have it.

Apparently I'm going to have to come up with a better explanation.


2 comments:

Valerie said...

LOL...I've had similar conversations 5 times now! Maybe add in that you should be grown-up and married for it to work best! Tell her she can feed Koen a bottle and then that Jaxon will eat baby food one day and that can be her job! It's one Keel enjoys!

kortney said...

This is the cutest thing ever!!!