For a couple of years, Jason has been working on the side
at turning his passion for reptiles into a business--
Flatland Geckos
He started with lower end geckos,
and has traded and dealt his way up to higher end ones.
Sometimes I can't believe how much people will pay for a gecko (or any animal, really) and he doesn't understand why camera lenses (glass!) can be so expensive. I don't, either. ;)
Anyway, he's been working hard to come up with the right conditions for his geckos to breed, and then the right substrate for them to hatch--not too dry, not too moist, etc.
He recently got his first hatchling. I was so excited for him!
(& proud, too!)

The egg was kept in this deli cup at room temperature
in a mixture of vermiculite and sphagnum substrate.
(like the size you would use to keep score in mini golf =P)
next to it to show how small it was.

Only 1 gram!

His former home

It was still covered from crawling around
in the substrate when we got him out

I think our next babies will be quite a bit bigger...
****
Zoe, our Boston Terrier is expecting!
You didn't think it was me who was expecting, did you?!
at turning his passion for reptiles into a business--
Flatland Geckos
He started with lower end geckos,
and has traded and dealt his way up to higher end ones.
Sometimes I can't believe how much people will pay for a gecko (or any animal, really) and he doesn't understand why camera lenses (glass!) can be so expensive. I don't, either. ;)
Anyway, he's been working hard to come up with the right conditions for his geckos to breed, and then the right substrate for them to hatch--not too dry, not too moist, etc.
He recently got his first hatchling. I was so excited for him!
(& proud, too!)
It's a Crested Gecko, & my favorite out of the ones he breeds.
They're on the lower end, but he likes them and they're popular...
and I think them being my favorite has something to do with him
keeping them instead of selling or trading them out, too.=)
They're on the lower end, but he likes them and they're popular...
and I think them being my favorite has something to do with him
keeping them instead of selling or trading them out, too.=)

The egg was kept in this deli cup at room temperature
in a mixture of vermiculite and sphagnum substrate.
(like the size you would use to keep score in mini golf =P)
next to it to show how small it was.

Only 1 gram!

His former home

It was still covered from crawling around
in the substrate when we got him out

I think our next babies will be quite a bit bigger...
****
Zoe, our Boston Terrier is expecting!
You didn't think it was me who was expecting, did you?!




5 comments:
you have a Boston? I gotta see photos!
so cute!
I was wondering...glad it is the dog for now! Out hamster babies are growing up...almost ready to reproduce themselves! :) Can you say multiplication??
How cool! I checked out his website, it looks great!
Cool. My nephew had a couple of crestie's for a while.
Post a Comment