Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas-y things!

So I'm really behind...but I decided that I need to start somewhere. My sweet husband knew I was excited to get the tree up, so he surprised me on the last night in November by picking up a Christmas tree so that it would be ready on December 1!
The tree was up on December 1, but it took us a few days to get it decorated! I replaced all of our cheap, thin, breakable ornaments from the first year we were married with...cheap, UNbreakable ornaments! It was a bit of a sensory overload for Jax--all of the colors, shapes and textures...all within reach! He LOVED banging them together!

tree09

Later, we made cinnamon dough ornaments. We made some a few years back, but they went missing this year, along with several other Christmas items. We have no idea what happened to them! Anyway, I followed the directions from a comment someone made on that site about baking them...it burnt them so I had to throw them out. We'll just pretend that never happened, and focus on the sweet memories:

IMG_5843

IMG_5844

And where was Jaxon?
IMG_5846
Where else?! ;)

I will see if I get a second Christmas-y post together before Christmas...I've got a week, I'm aiming high!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

looks like a fun time in the Coslett house!! i let my ornaments dry and I think they worked pretty well....never take advise from an unknown source :)

Kimi said...

I love seeing pictures of Jason with your kiddos.. So cute!

Anonymous said...

I thought Jaxon was a baby. When did he grow up??

Karma said...

Your missing Christmas things must be with my silver tree. How did I misplace a tree? Cute pictures, the tree looks beautiful.