We got Lily back in October at the animal shelter. She was a very sweet Beagle, and best friends with our cat. We made the difficult decision to find her a new home last week. She often went to the bathroom on the floor...we didn't always see when it happened, and I would come across it later. It made me nauseous that my girls play all over the floor and that there might be a puddle somewhere that I hadn't seen yet. She could also get out of our fence, so I couldn't make her go outside unless I took her...otherwise she'd run away.
I put her on Craigslist, and had a reply the same day. She was going to go be a service dog. We were excited for her...but the guy didn't show up! We later found out that he was in an accident that morning (no injuries) and had his wife e-mail us to say he couldn't make it. She typed in the wrong address, so we just thought he was a no-show!
That night, we got another reply and decided to place her with that family. I got an update from them the next day and she's doing great. She seems very happy there and is even going to be in obedience training. We really hope she's found a permanent home there, as they all seem very happy. =)
Excuse the out of focus picture...I didn't want to miss the shot and took it before I focused all the way. Sorry! They always played like this...although the cat doesn't look like he's enjoying it! It was hilarious.




2 comments:
Cute dog! Pets become such a part of our family, it's hard to say good-bye!
We understand...we too had a Beagel named Maise. She was so cute and smart, except for potty training and running away. She always found a way out of our fence too. Every Sunday when we'd come home from church, there would be a message from someone who had found her. We tried everything...even putting one of those "surgery collars" on her so she could not chew off her collar or dig out of the fence. She managed to chew the surgery collar and then run away! One of the people who picked her up one time had a relative who had a concrete-reinforced fenced yard and loved animals. She came and adopted Maise. We called her a few times to make sure Maise was happy, then slowly we backed off. I think beagles may just be that way. But just wanted you to know we understand what you have been and are going through!
(Sorry I wrote a book!)
Post a Comment