Monday, February 4, 2008

Proof

On Friday, I noticed that an outlet in Ali's room was dark and partially melted. I got a sick feeling in my stomach, and assuming that Sydney had put something in there, immediately thanked God for protecting my babies. I then began to wonder why she didn't tell me when it happened. That was pretty major, and she always tells on herself. I asked her about it, but she made things up because she didn't know...(it was chocolate, Lily did it, Gracie did it, etc).
Saturday afternoon, when I was changing Ali, Syd went and touched the outlet. It shocked her. She cried and was obviously very shaken up. I felt horrible. From that small amount of contact, part of the outlet was melted through. We were in a rush to get out the door, and thought that whatever she put in there must be gone because we couldn't really see anything.
Fast forward to Sunday. We opted out of eating with Jason's parents because we had things we needed to get done before our Super Bowl party. Again, I was in Ali's bedroom changing her diaper. I could see the outlet "glowing" in the small hole that happened as a result of Sydney touching it the day before. I had Jason come immediately, and we shut the breaker off. The outlet was very, very hot--almost too hot to touch. The wires were being burned and there were burn marks on the inside of the metal around it. The sheetrock was also getting burn marks. Jason thinks that it was probably 30 minutes to 1 hour away from igniting...when we would've been eating at his parents' house. We probably would've come home to extensive damage if not worse.
It wasn't anything that she put in there, but faulty wiring. This is proof to us that God watches over every detail of our lives. It didn't happen in the night or when Ali was taking a long nap. It didn't happen when we were at the birthday party, church, or any time in between. It happened when we were home and able to prevent it. I'm posting pictures so you can see just how close we were. We are so thankful that God is our Protector

IMG_0736_0011

IMG_0741_0013

IMG_0746_0014

7 comments:

Valerie said...

WOW! That is amazing. I am glad that God was protecting your family...he works in mysterious and amazing ways.

Love the look of your blog...too sweet!

The Rouse House said...

What a story! So glad you all are safe.

I too love your new blog layout!!

Karma said...

God's timing is perfect!

How did you do your blog header? I love it!

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Thanks, girls. =) I made the header in Photoshop CS3.

Valerie said...

You're holding out talent on us...
I am beginning to feel like my blog looks like Pepto Bismol! :)

Kyle said...

The curtains are actually the same just a different color. I still had the receipt and liked the white ones more so i swapped.

Did Jason get that job?

Karma said...

The butterfly was done last year on my lower back to serve as a reminder of the change Christ has made in me. The picture was taken right afterwards so it is swollen. The words are straight now that it has healed.

It hurt really, really bad! But, I'm glad I did it!