Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Crime

We decorated the tree last Monday, but I didn't post pictures because I realized I didn't have a picture of the tree all done. I still don't, and here's why:


*Perpetrator #1:
Name: Ali, aka "Ahyee", as she calls herself.
Age: Almost 19 months
Weight: A lot
Height: Kinda short
Crime: Stealing Christmas ornaments off of the tree and breaking or losing them.











*Perpetrator #2:
Name: Sydney, aka "Sissy"
Age: 3.5 years
Weight: 33 lbs
Height: 33.5 inches
Crime: Accomplice to Perpetrator #1












You see, the bottom half of our tree is now bare. It's a sad sight. It doesn't have a skirt, either. I decided that I didn't like our ghetto $5 skirt from the first year we were married, and was going to visit Target for a new one. With that in mind, I packed the other one away. Guess who hasn't made it to Target? Yep.


Just for proof that we really do have a tree, here are a couple of the girls decorating:

IMG_3323_2398

IMG_3320_2395

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Ali looks like John in her "mug shot"!!! Just run to the store and buy that fake snow stuff for under the tree. Then the girls can play with it and make pretend beards and all! (I know, 'cuz mine have!!)

Karma said...

In the last few years, the bottom half of our tree has stayed decorated. Took awhile!

I like to use quilts for a tree skirt. I've even used a sheer window scarf. My sister used her bridesmaid dress from my wedding as a tree skirt once. Shoved the tree in the bodice and spread the skirt out.