Monday, June 29, 2009

Ali's 2nd Birthday--A little late.

All of my old pictures are still stuck on my old laptop, so I can't post Ali's baby pictures on here. It makes me sad. Never mind that I'm already a month past her birthday...

Ali turned two on May 22nd. We had spent most of the week trying to get the patio done in time for Ali's backyard party. When I say we, I actually mean he. I was limited on how much I could help haul the 9.5 tons of rock since I had 3 little ones to watch at the same time. Thankfully, Eric was able to come help get it done.

Ali had wanted butterfly & flower cupcakes, so I flipped through my Hello, Cupcake book, and found some adorable ones to try. Since the book said "Irresistibly Playful Creations Anyone Can Make", I thought that meant that anyone really could make them--Even me. I melted the wafers down and prepared to trace the template behind the wax paper. It was harder than it looked. I could not get them to look uniform, and within minutes, the bag broke all over my hand. Silly me, I missed the part where I needed to get freezer weight bags.

Needless to say, it was the night before her party and I did not have time to buy more, or spend who knows how many hours making 48 or so butterfly wings. I cried. I was consoled by my husband, and I text my mom. She met me at Hobby Lobby and we bought butterflies to put on the cupcakes.





Here is one of my failed attempts,

but actually the one that turned out the best.

Ignore the weird antennae/body.

I did it just to see what it would look like together.

It was ugly but it did taste good!








This is what we ended up doing.
I was still pleased, and it was much easier!
IMG_4560
That night, Austin and Sarah came over for supper and we had Ali open her presents:
IMG_4513

IMG_4522

IMG_4516

We had her party out in the garage the next day. It was warm out, but we had a lot of fun!

IMG_4531

She's so generous!
IMG_4539
Sorry your birthday post is so late, Ali girl. We love you!

1 comments:

Karma said...

Happy birthday Ali! Love the cupcakes, I may have to use that idea.