Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Gone Fishin'

IMG_4573

I've never really been a girly girl, so when bugs started grossing me out awhile ago, I decided I needed to get back to the great outdoors. I grew up going camping and fishing, even using stink bait and taking my fish off the hook--you know, man things. Jason has always fished too, but we had never gone together.

IMG_4575

I bought my first fishing license and told Jason that for $20 per license, we better go at least 20 times this summer! We loaded up in the ol' Silver Bullet and headed west.

IMG_4576

It was an interesting evening of sorts. We were enjoying the evening, and welcoming the relaxation of being by the water. While using the dock on the little house to fish off of, we see two women walking our way. One gets loud and says, "Ooh, look at all these spider webs! This is spoooky!" To get the full effect, please reread that line with a lisp. Now, with that in mind, let me paint you a picture. I turn to see a very tall and equally large black woman man with tight floral pants on and an oversized shirt. S/he is wearing a wig and has makeup smeared on his face.
The other lady with him was nice and offered the girls some bread to feed the ducks, and I was polite and that was that...We go into the little house, and are followed in by She-male. "How could anyone do this? (Referencing graffiti) That is naughty. It makes it spooky in here." Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep Ali away from the water. She-male offers, "If she falls in, I will save her. She will not drown. We have children."
Um, ok.
Still trying to be polite, I assure She-male that Jason is a good swimmer himself. They finally leave and we are left to enjoy the rest of the evening, while partly pondering what in the world kind of relationship that was....but mostly not wanting to know.

6 comments:

kortney said...

That's hilarious!!!

Hey I was wondering where you got the "On My Mind thing" for your labels!!!??!?!

Anonymous said...

ahahahhaha! the she/male is the spooky one! no fish caught?

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Kortney, in case you didn't get my e-mail, it's a label cloud:
http://www.bloggerplugins.org/2008/06/label-cloud-widget-for-blogger-blogspot.html

Becka, no we didn't catch anything! =(

Valerie said...

That's so funny. Be glad none of the kids asked in a REAL LOUD VOICE, "Mama, is that a girl or a boy?"

Karma said...

That is weird. Glad none of you fell in!

The Rouse House said...

I'm stalking for another post :)