
Since the 4th fell on a Saturday this year, and it also happened to be Jason's Monday off, we got to spend 3 days in a row together--that hasn't happened in over a year and a half! (He gets every Sunday off and then every other Monday off.) We were pretty stoked!
I wanted to make the kids some shirts for the 4th, so during the week, I decided to take the advice of a friend and lower my standards. Yes, I said lower them--at least on what I consider a clean house. I've had so many projects I've wanted to do, but could never find the time because I felt like I was constantly keeping things picked up or feeding, changing, disciplining, etc...
I asked Sarah to order some shirts from her work, so that I could try my hand at applique. I turned to Etsy for pattern inspiration, and then to my husband to draw the patterns, since I'm not even that great at stick figures.
Syd & Ali's shirts turned out to be way too big, so Sarah suggested that I tie the sides to make them fit. Great idea! I tied the sleeves up with ribbon, too.
Sydney & Ali were sweet little ladies in flowers, ribbon and ties!
And Jaxon was quite the gentleman in a matching tie!

We spent the evening at Austin & Sarah's. Sydney loved it, Ali didn't like the noisy fireworks & Jaxon was deliriously goofy because he was so tired. It was a good time!



4 comments:
Very cute shirts!
They look fabulous! Congrats on lowering your cleaning standards for a bit. It's the only way I can get anything done :)
They turned out great!
I think those shirts are adorable, love Syd's traditional pose! She's a hoot! Jax is getting so big now. I NEED to cuddle him! Koen is almost walking.
Good job on lowering the standards, I am trying that too. it's hard!
Post a Comment