Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Good, Clean Fun

My friend, Heather sent me a list of sensory ideas to do with the kids, so we made "Clean Mud" yesterday!



I grated a bar of soap into our would-be sandbox
&
helped the girls tear up a roll
of toilet paper to add to it.
IMG_4866
Then, we added warm water and squished it together

until it was the consistency of thick cool whip.



Their faces say it all--
IMG_4870

Of course, I don't know what kind of fun any mud is
if you're only playing from outside of the box...
IMG_4872

This is more like it!

IMG_4873

Ali quickly got tired of being dirty, or clean,
or whatever you want to call it,
IMG_4878
and it just wasn't fair to make Sydney play by herself...

IMG_4879
Even if she was enjoying it!

But like I said, it just wasn't fair to her...
or to me,
who apparently is still a kid at heart
IMG_4880

Ali wanted nothing to do with us or our "filth",
IMG_4882

but we're working on her...
She'll get there.

5 comments:

Karma said...

That looks like a slippery mess. At least it rinses off clean. The beads would be a fun way to make Christmas ornaments.

Sarah said...

Thanks for inviting me over!! Looks like fun!

Kyle said...

Very cute! I like their hair cuts too!

Karma said...

I LOVE your new header!!

Anonymous said...

Glad your girls liked it! Maeve's response was the same as Syd's and Finn wouldn't even touch the stuff because it was too messy.