Thursday, August 13, 2009

Paper Beads

You saw how well our last bead project turned out *ahem*
So, I decided to try a different one-
One that I've wanted to do for a loooong time.

I swiped the Comics section of the newspaper from my Dad
and cut 6 inch long triangles that were about an inch at the base:

IMG_4935
While my babies napped, I rolled the strips into paper beads
using the end of a small paintbrush, securing them with craft glue:

IMG_4965
When they woke up, we brought out the stretchy string
and made jewelry:

IMG_4960

IMG_4962
After the jewelry was finished, I sprayed it
with a glossy acrylic sealer to make them
a little more durable and shinier, too!

IMG_4988

IMG_4989

They actually look wicked sweet--(I learned that from a Mom attending a
Haste the Day concert with her son. It made me laugh.) and it matches my
Converse-sort-of-emo-looking shirt really well...
and I dig having my favorite comics around my wrist.


Some time I'll try magazine pages for more brighter color and shine...



1 comments:

The Rouse House said...

We used to do this when I was little, I'd forgotten all about it! Very cool :)