To a lot of people, a tree half decorated, half falling apart with the skirt all a mess is not a pretty sight.
Some strive for perfection...
I have found it here, though not by the typical standards.
Perfection in the daily redecoration by my kids.
Perfection in the less than ideal.
This is home, and perfect to me.
***
We have carried old traditions over from our families growing up,
and we have started some new ones.
Meet Buddy-
Buddy is our 'scout elf' from Santa, who is there to watch the childrens' behavior
and report it back to the big guy...
Just between us?
It doesn't work! ;)
It's fun to see where he is hiding every morning, though!
***
We have also started a new tradition of making the decorations around the house.
I'm kind of a cheapskate, but regardless,
I promise that I love these more than anything I could ever buy...
I promise that I love these more than anything I could ever buy...
Stamping paper with homemade star stamps & turning them into paper chains...
Beautiful shimmering snowflakes...
Christmas trees painted with leftover greenery from a wreath I made...
***
And here are some other things bringing festivity to our home:
Handmade Wreath
(so fun!)
$5/ea at Hobby Lobby!
Score!
*kiss,kiss*
(this is my favorite)
Christmas Cards
<3
And of course, the reason for the season...
I painted this at VBS when I was probably in 5th grade.
Antique, I tell you.
Eh, not quite...
Well, it's a good day. I made my 2nd Christmas post I was hoping for...now here's to hoping I catch up on laundry by Christmas Eve! =)















4 comments:
Looks like some fun Christmas tradtions! I have my cards on the back of my door too, I stole my idea from Michelle! I love it!
Love the trees painted with the greenery...what a fun idea!
I too am determined to have laundry caught up and put away before Christmas - so I can get behind again as I enjoy all the festivities. :)
Looks like the kids are enjoying crafting as much as you are. Mine enjoyed stringing popcorn and cranberries. I found some large needles that weren't too sharp. Then the popcorn starting disappearing and I discovered it was getting eaten off the tree! You are creating some wonderful traditions and memories with your children! Good job Mommy!!
So so pretty. The picture of your tree can be the background for next years card! :)
Post a Comment