Thursday, February 3, 2011

post-zumba ramblings


* tonight was my favorite night so far, both instructor and music-wise.

*my knees hurt soo much. i can't even do a lot of the jumps in class. does that mean i'm getting old (even if i've always had knee trouble)?

*it makes me happy when i can out dance the skinny high school girls.

*it makes me sad when i look like the girls i made fun of in high school. (like the junior varsity girls).

*hip hop dance is my thang. always has been. haha prolly 'cause i went to south high.

*i'm white, but i have rhythm. at least i did...but it's coming back. thank goodness.

*i go to class 3 or so times a week. all of the days in between, the various songs are stuck in my head. that means i'm usually singing songs in languages i don't know. kinda scary.

*i've only been by myself one time. it was no bueno. #1, i almost died of a heart attack. #2, that's why i haven't been back to that certain class. it's hard core. i'm not. yet.
*the only reason i agreed to get a Y membership again was so that i could zumba...cause i don't realize i'm exercising. instead, i think i'm practicing for the half time performance back in the day.

*me and my girl kyle are ex-dance teamers and we are working up to the once a month 2 hour zumba class. it'll be a blast...and we get a shirt. that will mean we're legit. too legit to quit. yes, i went there.

ok, that is all. goodnight.

ps you should come dance, too. it would be fun.

6 comments:

Kyle Parish said...

boom! **like!!**

stinkin' high school girls.

waka waka hey hey!

Jess said...

haha, too funny!! i love that you're enjoying it so much!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

It sounds like you all are having a blast! It's so awesome when you don't feel like your exercising! I'm pretty sure I don't have the courage to try the class out though unless they do them with the lights low. 1- I am a white girl. 2 - I'd look like one of the girls you made fun of. 3 - the skinny high school girls would be laughing at me.

the-b-scenes said...

LOL!!!Ice, ice baby...too cool!:p

mommyjoymarie said...

I so want to try this!

Kalinda said...

Love this.

I had gone to zumba a couple times - then I found out I was pregnant and I stopped. Can't wait to start going again. Maybe in July. Then you can laugh at me - but I won't mind, cuz I'll be laughing at me, too.

Yay for getting a great workout in 3x a week!