The other night I went to Target (alone!) and bought the girls some Christmas pajamas. I did this for two reasons:
1) So they would have cute pjs on Christmas morning, of course.
2) So they would look cute in their Christmas card picture.
We were going to do a family picture this year, but nixed that idea. I wanted to be creative and would feel quite limited by a tripod. Pressing on...
**I will preface this part by saying that these pictures were taken on the same day as my "One of Those Days" post.**
**Oops, I lied. It was Thursday that I took these...but with last week, it doesn't matter. It was all the same!**
They were dressed, their hair was curled and I was armed with my camera and speed lite. Determined to capture natural looking expressions and pictures of girls having fun, we began with jumping on the bed.
This posed a problem because Sydney is bigger than Ali and therefore jumps higher. Ali didn't mind, she just turned her back toward me and held onto the bed and jumped...So I say, "Hold hands and jump!" Oops, there goes Ali, about to slide off the bed...
Ok, obviously that wasn't working. Let's try laying down:

We were all worn thin by this point, so I decided to quit. It was that or cry...which I probably did later anyway. The happy part is that when I downloaded all of these onto my computer, we found one that would work. Syd's being cheesy, but that's Syd. =)
See? Now you're really excited to see our Christmas card, aren't you?! But you can't yet, sorry. That would ruin the surprise and I LOVE surprises.
Monday, December 8, 2008
The Hap-Happiest Season of All?!
Labels: Holidays, Motherhood, Photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I'm so glad you got something! I LOVE those pajamas. You officially made me miss the USA for a few minutes (Target, especially)...
Thos pajamas are adorable!
Our Christmas photo turned out fabulous! Had a great photographer taking it, maybe you should consider calling her...
(they girls look adorable!!)
Karma, you're too kind. =)
I love the last one...Ali looks so "Coslett" there...John or Jason, noy sure?!?!
Post a Comment