Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pieces of Me: Week 3

Week3
I'm a week behind.
Last week was toooo crazy to try and do this. This picture is representative of that, but it's also two-fold:
First, let me briefly explain my week...It all began two weeks ago. My Mom called to tell me Dora, my Grandpa's wife, was in the hospital and not doing well. We thought it was a complication from her recent hysterectomy. She actually had Meningitis and passed away from it the next morning. She was only 40.
Here is where this picture comes into play. I kept getting phone call after phone call of her declining condition, until the final one where I was told there wasn't any brain activity. In between all of those calls, I was told of health concerns with members of Jason's side of the family.
I was so done answering the phone that day. The news only got worse.
The week following Dora's passing (last week) was stressful as it always is when planning a funeral.
However (!), we were very blessed to have help from Jason's parents and our church for the funeral luncheon, which in turn freed Jason and I up to serve our family, and we are very thankful.

The other part to this: I hate talking on the phone. I would rather text 99% of the time...unless it's just way too long to text. The only person I don't regularly text is my Dad...because it's not his thing. =)



0 comments: