Monday, November 2, 2009

Perspective

I love my job. I'm a wife and a mommy, the two things I most wanted to be when I grew up. I love being home with my babies, and I love making my home something my husband can be glad to come home to. But as much as I love it, it's a difficult job.

Today wasn't a good day.

I didn't do a good job at turning bad moods around. I didn't do a good job at verbalizing my frustrations to my kids or to my husband in the right way....and I wanted a nap, I wanted 30 minutes of uninterrupted quiet time--a time to at least try to regain some sanity.

None of that happened.

I could (and wanted to) be frustrated about it. I could complain. I could take it out on my children or my husband. I could lock myself away for the next hour until my very good friend comes to visit.

But I won't. Instead, I choose to be thankful.

*I'm thankful that my husband not only deals with my moments when I think I'm about to lose it, he listens to me, loves me, and guides me "off my ledge".

*I'm thankful for the forgiving spirit of my children. I'm not perfect by far, and I mess up. I don't always feel like the best example...but my babies still love me and don't hold it against me.

*I'm thankful for the small moments with my children that make all of the rough ones worth it--nursing, snuggling, crafting, learning, smiles and belly laughs.

It's all about the perspective--and I have to make sure I remember that.

5 comments:

the-b-scenes said...

DidO!!! Thanks for putting it into words:)

Kyle said...

I would have never guessed you had this kind of day. You never showed it! Thanks for visiting with me and letting our babies play together. It was long overdue!

Kimi said...

Thanks for sharing! Am so Thankful for the *blog world* ~ (and you) =)

Unknown said...

I think being a career person would maybe have been easier for me than what I do now. You're right, we must keep the perspective..this is for eternity and we've alot to be giddily thankful for.
You can do it. We do not lead a glamorous life, but, we're capable.
Thanks for sharing your heart.

Michelle said...

I, too, am living my dream life as a wife and mommy. And it is definitely a hard job but sooo incredibly rewarding too. When I have a bad day, I take comfort by telling myself that tomorrow is a new day and I get to try all over again!

And if it wasn't for naptime/quiet time every afternoon, I'd be insane!! :)